Greater EdinburghUser Terms and Conditions
Access to and use of this website (www.greateredinburgh.com and its other domains*) is provided by 'Greater Edinburgh' to you ('the User') subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
In using this site the User indicates his/her agreement to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
Alterations to the website
The User accepts that Greater Edinburgh may, when necessary, make alterations to any aspect of the website, the services that it provides and the Terms and Conditions. Further, Greater Edinburgh may make such alterations at any time and without notice. The User accepts that it will have no claim for breach of contract or otherwise following any such alteration. Please review these terms regularly to ensure that you are aware of any changes made by us. Continued use of this site after changes means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated or amended.
Acceptable User Conduct
The User agrees that in using the website, he/she shall:
- a) Use it only for Lawful purposes, and not in anyway which would infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit, the use of the website by a third party.
- b) Not engage in any conduct which is unlawful, or result in distress, inconvenience, or offence to any person or third party.
- c) Not upload, post, distribute or reproduce, in anyway, materials, images, information or other content that the User does not own the intellectual property rights to.
- d) Not upload, post, distribute or reproduce, in anyway, materials, images, information or other content that is unlawful, potentially harmful or offensive, threatening, abusive, libellous, pornographic, or racially or ethically objectionable.
- e) Not upload, post, distribute or reproduce, in anyway, materials, images, information or other content that contains a computer virus, or other code, programs, script, software, intended to affect or disrupt the functionality of the website.
The contents of this website are provided to the User for general background information only. The User should not rely on the accuracy of any part of the contents. Greater Edinburgh makes no guarantees as to the quality of any of the accommodation, attractions, activities or other services featured in the contents. All information is trusted to be correct and true at the point of submission, in accordance with our members Terms and Conditions. Where Quality Standards are listed, such as the Scottish Tourist Board ratings, this information is provided to us via the service advertiser and is in no way certified or verified by Greater Edinburgh. Any discrepancy or claim to the contrary of such a listed grading should be taken up with the service provider in question and the relevant regulatory body.
All prices and promotions shown are listed at the discretion of our members and to the best of our knowledge correct. It is our members right to refuse, alter or remove any price or promotion regarding their business.
The User agrees that www.greateredinburgh.com, its partners and representatives of any sort shall not in any way be liable for any damage, loss, costs or expenses arising directly or indirectly from the User's use of this site, or reliance on or use of any of its content. Further no liability for any transaction, interaction, damage, offence, injury, or other complaint arising from using, purchasing, visiting or otherwise interacting with any of the service providers on the Greater Edinburgh website, will be placed withGreater Edinburgh, its partners or representatives.
Without prejudice to the foregoing generality, Greater Edinburgh hereby excludes, insofar as permitted by law, all warranties and representations, express or implied, in respect of any of the Contents, including but not limited to any information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons forming part of them, including but not limited to warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement of third party rights or any law, compatibility, security and accuracy.
The Greater Edinburgh website and its contents incorporate links to the websites and services of third parties. Such links are provided for the Users convenience only. There existence does not in any way constitute authorisation or endorsement of any content present on such third party websites.
The User acknowledges and accepts that Greater Edinburgh is not, and shall not be held responsible for any damages, loss, costs or expenses arising from the use of such third party web sites, or products or services available through such third party web sites.
Except where expressly indicated otherwise, copyright in all Contents of the Greater Edinburgh website belongs to Greater Edinburgh, its members and contributors.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, Greater Edinburgh hereby authorises you as a User to:
- a) View and display the contents
- b) Download the contents and store them in your computer for a period not exceeding 60 days, providing that a copy of this copyright notice is also downloaded.
- c) Print out the contents of this website for personal use, provided that the User also prints an acknowledgement in the form set out below and attaches it to any printed copy of any of the Contents. Form of acknowledgement required where the Contents (or any of them) are reproduced: '© 20** GreaterEdinburgh.com. Reproduced with permission.' [** = year of reproduction].
The names, images and logos identifying this site, Greater Edinburgh, or third parties and their services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of this site, Greater Edinburgh, and/or its third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication or otherwise any licence or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of this site, Greater Edinburgh or any other third party.
The rights of Greater Edinburgh may be exercised as often as necessary. Delay in exercising or non-exercise of any right is not a waiver of that right.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of Scotland. Any disputes shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of Scotland.
Non-Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
If you do not accept these terms and conditions you do not have permission to access the Contents of this website and therefore should terminate the use of this website immediately.
*Other domains include: www.greateredinburgh.com, www.greateredinburgh.co.uk, www.greateredinburgh.org, www.greateredinburghtourism.com, www.greateredinburghtourism.co.uk and www.greateredinburghtourism.org